I’m Julia Sarver, and I teach health coaches how to go from confused and overwhelmed to confidently running their thriving health coaching practices.
I’ll never forget graduating from my nutrition school and thinking, well, now what?!
I KNEW I wanted to make a difference, but I had NO idea how to actually run a business. I’ve met so many inspiring health coaches who find themselves in the same place: with tons of passion, but no practical experience in running a business.
Over the last 10 years, I’ve built two thriving coaching practices, worked with thousands of clients, and learned what works - and what doesn’t - when it comes to online coaching practices. I want to show you how building your dream coaching practice can be easier than you think.
Just getting started with your coaching practice?
I’ve got you covered - grab your free copy of my Beginner’s Guide to Health Coaching so you can focus on the most important steps of starting your business.
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I live in a small town in Central Oregon, and until recently lived in Nosara, Costa Rica. Covid threw our living abroad dreams a curveball, but my husband and I are committed to finding our next perfect place as soon as possible. Because that's why I do this work - so I can have the freedom to make the choices that are right for me and my family, without asking a boss for permission.
2. I want to do ALL THE THINGS. I’m seriously excited about life and I always have a plan for what we’re doing next, which can sometimes overwhelm new friends, and my husband. Sorry, honey!
3. I’m an EXCELLENT employee - and started out as a terrible entrepreneur. Turns out that the skills you need to be voted employee of the month aren’t exactly the same as what you need to be a confident CEO. I now run a thriving online coaching practice, but none of it came easy. Fortunately, I’ve learned how to do the work of running my own business, and I LOVE teaching health coaches how to do the same.
4. Running a marathon is what started my journey to becoming a health coach. But, probably not for the reasons you think. After running my marathon in 2006, I got really, really sick. I couldn’t run a mile the week after my marathon, and had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Turns out that all of my good-girl rule-following for carb loading completely obliterated my system - I didn’t know I was gluten intolerant. When I cut gluten out, I felt AMAZING - and wanted to teach everyone I knew how food could change how they felt. I did a quick Google search, enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and the rest is history.
5. I’m an ALL CAPS, exclamation points (!!!!!), and emojis type of communicator. Seriously, how did we even talk before emojis?! 🙈
6. My two sons, Caleb and Evan, are my favorite people. They are my greatest teachers, and I love that I have a job that lets me spend tons of time with them. They’ll only be this little once, and I don’t want to miss it.
7. I’m a personal growth junkie. Working for myself is one of the biggest personal growth experiences I’ve ever had, so I prioritize podcasts, books, and mentors who help me get out of my own way so I can keep creating the life I love.
Julia has a natural talent for getting to the core of things, helping me identify and articulate my feelings so that I can better problem solve challenges within my business. She's also an incredible resource when it comes to marketing, strategy and idea generation. I feel so fortunate to have worked with her and I know it's been essential to my growth, both personally and professionally.